The new president and CEO of the broadcast equipment vendor is an operating partner of Francisco Partners, the private equity firm that bought Grass Valley from Technicolor last month for $80 million and other considerations. Jeff Rosica will stay on as EVP and chief sales and marketing officer.
Alain Andreoli To Lead New Grass Valley
Following its acquisition earlier this month by private equity firm Francisco Partners, Grass Valley announced this morning that Francisco operating partner Alain Andreoli will lead the newly independent broadcast equipment vendor as president and CEO.
Jeff Rosica, who had been the face of the company under its previous Technicolor ownership, was named executive VP and chief sales and marketing officer in the new order.
Ian Halifax will be executive VP and CFO and take responsibility for administration, finance, accounting, human resources, legal and IT.
Late last year, Francisco closed on its purchase of Grass Valley from Technicolor for $80 million. Under the deal, Technicolor is contributing $26 million to sustain the company in exchange for a share of future profits.
Prior to joining Francisco, Andreoli was a senior executive at several technology companies, including Sun Microsystems Europe, Hubwoo, Xiotech, McData, Verio, Storagetek and Texas Instruments.
“This is an exciting time to be taking the helm at Grass Valley,” said Andreoli in a prepared statement. “Together with the experienced and talented team at Grass Valley, we have ambitious and exciting plans for the company and I look forward to being a part of this impressive organization — and helping lead the team to new heights of success.”
Other key appointments:
- Based in Beaverton, Ore., Charlie Dunn, SVP and general manager of the Editing, Servers & Storage (ESS) Product Group.
- Based in Nevada City, Calif., Martin Fry, SVP and general manager of the Routing & Signal Management (RSM) Product Group.
- Based in Breda, The Netherlands, Marcel Koutstaal, SVP and general manager of the Cameras Product Group.
- Based in Nevada City, Calif., Scott Murray, SVP and general manager of the Live Production Solutions (LPS) Product Group.
- Based in Nevada City, Calif., Dave Perillo, SVP, global operations.