Prime Focus Technologies Rebrands DAX To CLEAR
Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) has renamed its patented DAX Digital Dailies to CLEAR. Initially released in 2004, DAX pioneered the online dailies experience at a time when the industry was using DVDs and has been the only patented dailies solution since. While DAX has undergone several changes since its acquisition by PFT in 2014, it now morphs into CLEAR with new features.
The updated CLEAR offers a new collaboration tools, upgraded performance, embedded MAM functionality, strong workflow management and the ability to handle Mezzanine/raw content. You can now drive post-production supply chain efficiencies — ingest, delivery, master QC, localization and mastering can be managed and administered on CLEAR.
CLEAR’s armory of MAM features and tools lets users upload, manage and create a cloud archive of RAW or mezzanine (ProRes, DNX) production content (i.e., finals, screeners and marketing content), transcode to any format and deliver to your VFX vendors or your creative agencies to create trailers and promos.
View, manage — both scripted and unscripted content — or search for your content. Add comments, create clips and sizzle reels, collaborate with your post teams as soon as you start uploading content.
Other new features include:
- Apple TV App — Custom-built for screening content on TVs in a simple interface innovatively designed for instant and secure access.
- Next-generation HTML5 Player — Stream content at higher bitrates without interruption all the way up to 10mbps/4K/HDR.
- Support for mezzanine content, in DNxHD or ProRes formats — Automate proxy creation and view cuts at much higher quality, and manage a multitude of formats.
- Multi-cloud architecture — Enjoy the flexibility and proven security of best-of-breed public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.) or tap into on-premise content stores.
- One-click share — Share content securely with both CLEAR and non-CLEAR users, with expiration dates.
- Enhanced Security — Gold standard security features further bolstered with Just-in-Time Watermarking, a new Just-in-Time visible video watermark.
- Powerful Administration module — Easily manage your production’s users, access permissions and folders.
- Create your own user experience — Select a light or dark background, player settings and navigation views to suit your preferences.