Cinedigm to Launch Free, Ad-Supported Linear Channels Portfolio Via Plex
Cinedigm today announced that it has partnered with Plex to stream eight of the company’s free, ad-supported channels to their U.S. and worldwide-based consumers. This launch helps Cinedigm reach a demographic that is heavily media-focused and not currently serviced by key streaming platforms. This launch also dramatically expands Cinedigm’s international footprint by reaching a new set of international consumers with a strong interest in media.
Plex, which has over 20 million registered users worldwide, is a platform for streaming all forms of media, including free ad-supported movies and TV shows. In the partnership with Cinedigm, Plex will now distribute Cinedigm’s linear channels on an ad-supported video-on-demand basis.
Plex will launch the following channels from Cinedigm’s growing portfolio of premium linear channels:
1. The Bob Ross Channel — The official Bob Ross channel! Get your daily dose of the iconic, bucolic pop culture icon. Find the joys of painting and a thousand happy accidents!
2. Comedy Dynamics — The largest collection of stand-up comedy! It’s a no-drink minimum stand-up show 24/7, with the top names of comedy in new & classic performances.
3. Bambu — The 1st network for top Chinese entertainment. Way more than Kung-Fu flicks! Check out top Chinese serial dramas, rom-coms, action, sci-fi and game shows.
4. Docurama — The first network dedicated solely to documentary and factual entertainment. Enjoy full-length feature films & TV series spanning arts, politics, science, music & history. Everything Else Is Pure Fiction.
5. CONtv — Waste the best years of your life on hours of pop culture essentials: enigmatic sci-fi, fantasy, horror, cringe-worth grindhouse and retro film & TV series.
6. Dove Channel — Dedicated to safe family-friendly entertainment. Movies, iconic television shows. Dove Channel brings family viewing back to America.
7. CONtv Anime — Meeting the needs of anime fans with a wide range of iconic anime series & movies… cyberpunk, supernatural tales, gripping dramas and epic fantasy adventures!
8. Whistle Sports — Whistle Sports unites top athletes, influencers and celebrities in a frenzied assembly of short, scripted and episodic content.
“We are excited about the opportunity to provide our full channel catalog to Plex’s large user base of entertainment-focused fans,” said Tony Huidor, Cinedigm’s general manager of digital networks. “Plex gives us access to a worldwide audience, much of it not reachable through our existing distribution footprint. We are excited about the opportunity to further establish our ad-supported channels worldwide.”
Cinedigm continues to focus on bringing well-established brands and film & television content from leading content owners into the rapidly growing free ad-supported television marketplace. Consumer interest in premium content remains strong within the OTT ad-supported space as traditional cable and satellite services continue to lose subscribers seeking low-cost alternatives and new options for their entertainment needs.