New network links over 100 TV station and newspaper Web sites with a combined reach of approximately 25 million people.
Gannett Co. announced today the formation of a network that it hopes will change the way advertisers reach their target customers. The Gannett Digital Media Network ties together more than 100 “digital communities” with a combined reach of approximately 25 million people.
Included in the network are Gannett’s news and information sites, led by USAToday.com, the Web site for the nation’s largest-selling daily newspaper. It also includes the local sites for Gannett’s massive network of newspaper and broadcast properties, representing some of the most recognized brands in their communities, such as AZCentral.com and IndyStar.com.
According to Gannett, the consumers visiting these sites are “incredibly attractive to advertisers. On the whole, they skew higher on metrics such as education and household income and, according to a recent Jupiter Research study, local sites rank highest for trust in advertising and attract consumers who spend more money online. This combination of national reach and true local engagement makes the Gannett Digital Media Network unique.”
Beyond news and information, the Gannett Digital Media Network is designed to help marketers build relationships with audiences on a variety of growing niche sites, including:
- MomsLikeMe.com (www.momslikeme.com), a new local social network for moms in 80 markets across the country.
- HighSchoolSports.net (www.highschoolsports.net), which Gannett says is the largest prep sports site in the country, reaching teens, moms and dads.
- Metromix.com (www.metromix.com), a local entertainment and nightlife guide reaching the young urban market.
- BNQT.com (www.bnqt.com), which operates an action sports network online, attracting millennials and extreme sports enthusiasts everywhere.
“The Gannett Digital Media Network gives marketers access to diverse and attractive audience segments through our unparalleled combination of national and local media sites,” said Josh Resnik, vice president and general manager of the Gannett Digital Media Network. “National advertisers will be thrilled with the opportunities presented to them by our Network. We can combine the broad reach of our network with the engagement and affinity found on local sites to help marketers effectively reach their target customers.”
In addition, the Gannett Digital Media Network offers “the most innovative technologies to help advertisers establish meaningful connections,” it says. This includes Gannett’s own digital marketing solutions:
- PointRoll, a provider of rich media advertising that served more than 85 billion rich media ads in 2008 alone.
- ShopLocal, which offers a suite of solutions used by the country’s largest retailers to reach their customers online.
- Ripple6, an enterprise-class social media platform that combines social media tools for users and publishers with social marketing tools and embedded word-of-mouth analytics.