WIAT, Nexstar’s CBS affiliate in Birmingham, Alabama, is searching for a creative services director, an executive news producer and a sales account executive.
Birmingham encompasses art museums, theaters, concert venues and numerous festivals and events. With a variety of cuisines from world famous bar-b-que, to Korean, to Cuban, to multiple James Beard Award semi finalists, the city’s restaurant scene is just one way to experience the region’s diversity. For families, the zoo and the science center are big draws. College football fans look forward every year to tailgating and watching the SEC’s Alabama and Auburn games, along with the annual Magic City Classic when Alabama State University and Alabama A&M University face off. Birmingham’s beautiful downtown Regions Field is home to the White Sox double-A affiliate Birmingham Barons’ baseball team.
Drone footage by TAPP Channel
Creative Services Director
The Creative Services Director is responsible for developing and leading the overall marketing strategy of the station, and for designing the promotions that will achieve the objectives of that strategy.
- Provides leadership for the promotions team
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Develops and executes promotions strategies to enhance station competitiveness
- Manages and leads the department to create new and profitable events
- Manages recruitment and development of talented promotions team members
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Resolves customer complaints regarding promotions
- Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control promotions programs
- Plans, executes and tracks revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contests that take place on-air, online and on-site
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports to assess the efficacy of promotions
- Creates client promotions and promotional proposals with members of the Programming and Sales teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum five years’ experience in media promotions
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Creative Services Director.
If you’re a producer looking to make your move into news management, WIAT CBS 42 in Birmingham, Alabama is looking for a Morning Executive Producer for the CBS 42 Morning News.
We are searching for an EP who will manage an aggressive team of anchors, reporters and producers.
Help lead a team in a city where a lot of major events are happening this year!
- Responsibilities include leading the morning editorial meetings, planning morning news special reports and working closely with your team to provide valuable daily feedback.
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
- Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices
- Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in television or radio broadcast/production
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
- Utilize state-of-the-art television technology
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Executive Producer.
Sales Account Executive
WIAT in Birmingham, AL is looking for Account Executives to join our team!
We are looking for passionate, motivated, goal-oriented individuals with positive work ethic and the desire to WIN and EXCEL to start now!
This is a fast-paced highly competitive sales environment with unlimited income potential.
We offer a unique opportunity if you are looking for a challenging environment, tools, and resources to help you succeed, seasoned leadership and the chance to maximize your full potential as a sales leader.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
CLICK HERE to apply directly for the position of Account Executive.
To apply for this job please visit www.nexstar.tv.