Beyond creative. That describes the department and the job.
KOB4, Hubbard’s NBC affiliate in Albuquerque, is searching for a person to join a great team in a key role as Creative Services Writer/Producer.
Perhaps best known for the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque is a culturally rich and naturally beautiful metropolitan area, according to U. S. News & World Report. Albuquerque residents have plenty to keep them busy, from the art galleries to the historic Native American sites all around the region. The Albuquerque zoo, gardens and aquarium are popular with families, and a host of museums are great places to spend the rare rainy day. Albuquerque has a robust culinary scene and includes nationally recognized wineries and breweries. Albuquerque offers quick access to outdoor recreation, such as hiking, mountain biking and even skiing in the Sandia Mountains that border the metro area to the east. The Rio Grande that flows through the city center is a playground for kayakers, and miles of walking and cycling trails wind through its wooded banks.
The team is known for its unique and award-winning messages covering all things news, weather and investigative plus launching and supporting meaningful community projects.
And we make a point of having fun as we work on impactful, unexpected ways to tell the KOB4 story.
If you love imagining new ways to communicate ideas, if you can take projects from concept to edit and always try to “do it differently”, and your dream job is working with a team which simply does not do average, we want to hear from you!
Overview: The Creative Services Producer-Editor will be responsible for developing and executing original concepts for on-air, digital and off-air messaging on the station’s various platforms, outlets and external mediums.
· Conceptualize, write, shoot, and edit on-target messages for a variety of platforms from start to finish; includes news branding, special reports, news topicals, team promotion, and special projects.
· Work with the Creative Services Director and team members to make sure all messaging is on-mark vis a vis research and station goals.
· Organization, scouting and pre-planning and execution of on-location shoots for various assignments.
· Take on various roles as needed – videographer and/or online editor, postproduction duties including graphics, motion graphics, animation, color correction, audio mixing, etc.
· Quickly react and respond to all production requests – working with Creative Services Director, other Creative Services team members, and key members of the News Department for concept and script development/approval.
· Produce video in timely manner, consistent with station and FCC policies/procedures.
· Execute project from pre-production through post-production for approval, delivering final edit for on-air presentation, and coordinating delivery of any outside duplication, including various procedures for spot delivery.
· Regularly meet with the Creative Services Director to establish and update current goals and projects.
· Archive and organize spots, footage and offline editorial material.
· Take on other station skill-related assignments for various projects when needed, including working with commercial production staff with any production or post-production issues as assigned by Creative Services Director.
· Keep current with all technical skills needed for on-air, online and out-of-station creative projects.
· Keep current with evolving digital platforms/systems needed to communicate marketing messages.
· Offer ideas, suggestions, and other concepts for the station’s digital media video activities.
· Maintain company equipment and trouble-shoot technical issues when needed.
· Complete station logs and other organizational tasks as needed.
· Some non-traditional hours required for various shoots and station special projects/community events.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a broadcast news operation, ad agency or post-production house, digital advertising agency or in other digital video production capacity.
· Must be a hands-on writer/producer and an extremely creative shooter, editor, and writer who loves finding new answers for every assignment.
· Familiarity with a variety of HD/DSLR cameras (Panasonic, Canon, Sony, etc.), iPhone/action cameras and support rigs (GoPro, DJI, Insta360, etc.), audio, lighting and grip equipment for television/film.
· Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite required (Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop).
· Experience in graphic design, making the best use of graphic elements in production, both as it relates to producing broadcast and digital content.
· Ability to use music in creative and appropriate ways for different products.
· Familiarity with WideOrbit and ENPS preferred.
· Knowledge of field production techniques and standards.
· Good grammar and spelling a must.
· Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills are required.
· Flexibility and comfort with shifting priorities and quick reactions to assigned projects is key.
· Must have love of storytelling and interest in current affairs and community activities/issues.
· Travel will be required for this position. Must possess valid Driver’s License and have clean driving record as determined by Company Policy. (Driving record will be checked)
PLEASE INCLUDE LINK TO REEL OF PREVIOUS WORK ON RESUME. Refer to your specific contributions on the creative.
Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather (heat and cold) and landscape conditions. Must be able listen to and respond verbally to others in English. Ability to think quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Must have manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate camera, editing equipment, personal computers, telephones, and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.). Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas. Work under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to drive vehicles. Able to sit or stand for long periods of time. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.