Website Morgan Murphy Media
Morgan Murphy Media has openings at two of their Washington state TV stations.
Can you tell a feature story as well as you can cover a breaking crime scene?
Is social media second nature?
We’d love for you to join our team.
We have immediate openings for multi-media journalists at both of our WA stations, KXLY-TV and KAPP/KVEW-TV.
KXLY, is the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington (DMA 70). In Spokane, you can look forward to being part of a thriving city without the hour-long commute to work. It’s surrounded by beautiful scenery, lakes and mountains and has more than enough news to keep a journalist engaged.
KAPP is the ABC affiliate in Yakima, Washington (DMA 118) and KVEW, the ABC affiliate in Kennewick, Washington. The fast-growing Tri-Cities area (Kennewick/Pasco/Richland) offers 300 days of sunshine and a great lifestyle for outdoorsy types.
Both newsrooms offer an innovative, close-knit work experience and are committed to journalism and its values.
We’re a news group that thrives on growth and teamwork. You’ll also be part of a family-owned company in the beautiful northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Develop assigned stories from news leads
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline
• Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
• Shoot and edit your own videos
• Maintain contacts and foster relationships in the community
• Fill in for other on-air and news operations roles as needed
What you’ll bring:
• 4-year degree or equivalent work experience; Journalism degree preferred
• Innate curiosity about the world around you
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day
• Possess strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Team player mindset
• Ability to carry 15-25+ pounds
• Ability to work with Edius and Avid video editing systems
• 2+ years’ experience as a Multi-Media Journalist preferred for the KXLY position
What Morgan Murphy Media Offers:
• We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
• We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
• Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? We want excited, passionate journalists with great ideas. Click below to apply on-line for one of these positions and include your resume and reel link!
Click here to apply: https://morganmurphymedia.com/apply-online/
To apply for this job please visit morganmurphymedia.com.