Gray Television is looking for a photographer to join our team for a new daily news magazine.
This will be a position based in the greater Washington D.C. area.
With a recent explosion of restaurants, cafes, boutiques and clubs, D.C. is transitioning into a thriving cultural hub. This isn’t the Washington you remember from your middle school field trip – it’s much hipper than that. The Washington, D.C., metro area has the perks of a large urban area. It’s serviced by an extensive public transit system and is home to plenty of restaurants, entertainment venues, a variety of museums, public parks and other cultural sites. Meanwhile, each neighborhood in the District and its surrounding towns has its own atmosphere. Residents gather for block parties, mingle at dog parks and converse at coffee shops, creating an ambiance similar to that of a much smaller community.
Gray Television is launching a new national daily news magazine and we’re looking for talented journalists to join our team.
This is a chance to join a team producing the next wave of syndicated programming for the company.
The daily show will include elements from InvestigateTV as well as original editorial content and stories culled from Gray stations.
This new M-F show will air on all 113 Gray television stations.
This will NOT be a newscast. No breaking news. No weather. You will focus on journalism and showcasing long-form storytelling.
We see the show as a journey across America through the lens of in-depth storytelling focusing on holding the powerful accountable, informing consumers and profiling the American experience.
The ideal photographer will be a creative visual storyteller with a strong editorial background.
The photographer will be responsible for working with a reporter and producing multiple stories per week on a variety of topics, enterprising both long-form stories as well as quicker turns.
The photographer will also work with the Managing Editor and Executive Producer to ensure the visual standards of the broadcast are met.
– Able to work independently and to use solid editorial judgement on all images and sound used within a news story
– Work with Reporter to shoot and edit accurate, unbiased content as assigned
– Work cooperatively as a team member under deadline.
– Responsible for maintaining all company gear including but not limited to; cameras, cellphones, tablets, laptops and any other gear assigned
– Digital/Social/CTV duties as assigned
– Other duties as assigned by Managing Editor and Executive Producer
– 5 years of experience as a photographer
– Strong editorial judgement
– Motivated, self-starter who is detail oriented
– The ability to interact professionally and effectively with Gray management at the station and corporate level
– Proficiency at non-linear editing on the Adobe Suite and the ability to learn new systems as implemented.
– Proficiency in motion graphics creation on Adobe Suite and the ability to learn new systems as implemented.
– Proficiency with pro-sumer and/or cinema cameras and the ability to learn new systems as implemented.
– Understanding of Windows-based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented
– Understanding of BitCentral as well as new systems as they are implemented.
– Understanding of digital CMS production and the ability to learn Arc as well as new systems as they are implemented.
– Must meet physical requirements, including medium to heavy lifting and carrying camera equipment up to 50 pounds for extended periods of time
– BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
– Flexibility with travel and work schedules
– Must be 18 years or older
Qualified, interested applicants may go to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/GRA1017GRYT/JobBoard/ae441110-89bd-444d-8ad2-b76c7b9db7a9/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e103dec3-588e-4d0d-833a-37766004c40e
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.