Nexstar’s KRQE Media Group in Albuquerque, New Mexico has an opening for a Graphics Design Manager.
The KRQE Media Group is home to New Mexico’s #1 local news source and four different networks (CBS, FOX, CW and MyNet), and this job provides a unique creative opportunity and challenge to address the branding and sales needs of four distinct brands.
- The Graphics Design Manager conceptualizes and creates on-air, online and social media graphics for local news, sales, and creative services departments, as well as producing topical special report and image promotions and campaigns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and deliver high quality, fast turnaround graphics for on air, digital or print needs of station
· Expert in type design and original creative design solutions for graphic packages
· Expert in animation, page layout and design development
· Develop animations and promotional graphics that coincide with station brand
· Conceptualize, create, and assist sales department for any potential sales collateral
· Create and produce web, social media, and on-air news graphics
· Create and produce any print pieces for newspaper, magazine, or program pieces
· Assist in coordinating all station photography for talent, staff, and other projects
· Interact and communicate with station leadership offering creative solutions and project direction
· Work with Creative Services Director to visualize and create long-term goals and branding strategies for four different brands
· Perform other duties as directed by management
· Bachelors’ degree Art, Design
· Three to five years of broadcast design experience
· Three to five years of experience in graphic and motion design with advanced experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
· Video editing and production skills with experience in Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder
· Videography skills with knowledge of DSLR and ENG cameras and lighting techniques
· Competent photographer with experience in basic still photography and photo lighting techniques
· Ability to work on various projects simultaneously and to deliver finished projects on deadline a must
· Strong typography skills required
· Experience with knowledge of Element 3D plugin for AE software a plus
· Experience with Chyron Lyric a plus
· Project management and software experience
· Highly effective communications and organizational skills required
· Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines, including evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.