Pearl TV’s Anne Schelle To Receive TVN’s Women In Technology Leadership Award
TVNewsCheck will present its 13th annual Women in Technology Leadership Award to Anne Schelle, managing director of the Pearl TV consortium.
The award will be presented during the NAB Show on Tuesday, April 18, at 6 p.m. in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
For the past six years, Schelle has led Pearl TV’s effort to rally the fractious TV station group community to implement a new, advanced broadcast TV transmission standard, while convincing consumer electronics companies to produce compatible sets. The consortium of eight of the larger broadcast TV companies has helped lead the way for the industry’s ever-growing adoption of the ATSC 3.0 standard and the opportunities it opens for expanded, personalized programming and new industry revenue streams including advanced advertising and datacasting.
“Anne’s work has brought NextGen TV to an inflection point,” said TVNewsCheck Publisher and Co-Founder Kathy Haley. “Her ability to keep the industry relentlessly focused on the end goal, even as a chorus of naysayers predicted that 5G and streaming would swamp the fledgling technology, has given local broadcasters the ability to reinvent their role in a fragmenting media world.”
TVNewsCheck’s Women in Technology Leadership Award recognizes women who have contributed substantially toward advancing their industry technologically. It supports the National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation’s Technology Apprenticeship Program, which trains, informs and recruits a diverse workforce that meets the emerging technology and engineering needs within the broadcast community.
Register here to attend the 13th annual Women in Technology Awards Presentation Ceremony and Reception at NAB Show in Las Vegas.
Previous Women in Technology Leadership Award honorees:
- Sharri Berg, president, Fox Weather and COO of news and operations, Fox Television Stations
- Judy Parnall, head of standards and industry, BBC
- Marcy Lefkovitz, VP, technology and workflow strategy, The Walt Disney Co.
- Barbara Lange, former executive director of SMPTE
- Lisa Pedrogo, VP of engineering and strategic initiatives, WarnerMedia
- Tish Graham, former VP of broadcast technology at ABC Owned Television Stations
- Diane Tryneski, now board member and adviser to several digital technology companies
- Glodina Connan-Lostanlen, now chief sales officer, Imagine Communications
- Michelle Munson, now founder, Eluvio
- Renu Thomas, then EVP of media operations, technology and IT at Disney ABC Television Group
- Darcy Antonellis, now executive adviser, Amdocs
- Wendy Aylsworth, now CEO, Walden Pond
- Cindy Hutter-Cavell, senior engineer and practice manager, Cavell Mertz & Associates
- Andrea Berry, now EVP operations & technology, Telemundo Enterprises and LATAM